Monday, September 12, 2011

Style Me... Gift Wrapping

Hi There!
I just got back from a really fun weekend of road tripping! Two friends and I drove 13 hours from BC to Alberta to attend our other friends nuptials. We took two hour shifts driving and saw some of God's beautiful creation along
the way.

So I swear I do wear clothes too, but I have another DIY post that I wanted to share. For my friends wedding present I decided I wanted to make the whole thing. So I spent a day making their present (I'm not saying what because I don't want her possibly reading this a finding out before she opens her present) and then I wanted to do a really pretty, unique wrapping job. I'd been seeing some ideas on the net and decided to put them all together, and here is the result.


I used brown parcel paper for the wrapping. I wanted some thing neutral and sort of natural looking.

Then I used antique white ribbon to get
the classic "wrapped present" look.

Finally, I used strips of fabric and hot glue to make cloth rosettes.

And Voila! A vintage-y cute looking gift. It really stood out on the gift table amongst the silver and white of everyone else's presents.

And here is how you make the rosettes:


Cut a 1 1/2 inch wide strip of material out. The strip can be however long you want but the longer it is the bigger your rosette will be!













At one end of the strip fold in half length wise.



















Then fold in half once again.

















Start rolling the folded end of material, tightly.


















Keep rolling it until you have about a finger nail size roll. Then put some hot glue on the material to hold the cloth in place.

















Now ready to start twisting the fabric. Wrapping it around the rolled "bud" part and twisting as you go.



















Every once in a while put some more glue in to hold it together.
















At the end fold the material under the rosette and glue in place to make it look neat and tidy.

















And here is what you get! A little flower thingy. You can use it like I did at a gift bow, or add a clip and make it a hair piece.

1 comment: